Thursday, February 21, 2013

34 weeks

Yesterday I had an OB appointment and sonogram. K wasn't able to make it to this one, but both K and M are planning to come to our next appointment Tuesday. The sonogram went well, and B was head down, but "oblique", he was laying diagonally across my abdomen, and facing out! He measured 6lbs 13oz, which is pretty large since average for 34 weeks is 4.75lbs! We will do another sono next week to see if these measurements were just "off" for some reason, and to check fluid again (which was fine this week.)
Dr Reeves looked at my rash again and advised me to see a dermatologist as soon as possible. Since I had class yesterday afternoon, K called the dermotology office for me and got me an appointment this morning. I brought my munchkins with me and they did so well during the appointment :) Dr H says he believes it is PUPPPs, although its definitely not a "textbook case." He have me some samples of a cream and wrote me a prescription to fill if its helping. He also suggested talking to Dr Reeves about an antihistimine to help relieve the itching. It likely won't go away until a week or so after delivery. It certainly is an aweful itch and the best relief seems to be when I'm in the bath or shower. Luckily it doesn't itch ALL day long, it comes and goes, but when it itches, it is very irritating!Here is some info about PUPPP (Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy)
http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm
Other than that, the pregnancy is going perfectly! I can't believe we are less than 5 weeks from delivery now!

No comments:

Post a Comment